Sunday, April 22, 2012

Early Indoctrination

I'm slowly working my way through every last gardening book at the library (or so my husband thinks), and a few weeks ago I picked up a great book by Jessica Walliser: "Good Bug, Bad Bug: Who's Who, What They Do, and How to Manage Them Organically in Your Garden."  My 2 year-old decided the book was awesome, too, and every day he looks at the pictures and asks questions.  He's become truly helpful outside, eagerly identifying aphids and cutworms so that he can dispatch them. 


Yesterday, I managed captured one of those moments that I delight in as a mom.  Gideon wanted to read to his baby sister.  And not just any book.  The "bug book."  He might not have all of his facts straight yet, but it was pretty sweet.  (Ignore my messy house.  I've been recovering from a tonsillectomy this week, so I was glad to simply have everyone occupied, fed and happy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment