Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Put to Good Use

My new compost crock...


is actually my mother's old bean pot, which I've always loved.  My mom used it to hold sausage balls for community meals, and that's all I've ever done with it, too.  Until this morning, I had it sitting on top of my cabinets next to a ceramic rooster and an old oyster tin for decoration.  

For five years, I've been re-purposing plastic containers (usually margarine tubs or milk jugs) to hold my veggie scraps.  Not the most aesthetically pleasing choice, but being free and reused counts for a lot in my book.  However, I'd finally decided I could justify buying a more attractive container as a permanent fixture next to my sink.  It only occurred to me yesterday that I had the perfect crock right under my nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment