Sunday, October 7, 2012

Here goes nothin!

I have planted a lot of seeds! My peas are already peeking out, and I'm crossing my fingers that I start seeing kale, spinach and lettuce in the next day or two. And I'll be honest, I planted several things that may be totally out of season, and I just decided what the heck. Let's find for ourselves why you don't plant carrots and sunflowers in the fall.

I'm checking out gardening and landscape books from the library again by the score. I see these beautiful containers overflowing with colorful veggies and herbs, and it's hard to imagine I could ever produce something like that.

One step at a time. Today my only steps:

1) trying to eradicate fire ants from our flower beds and the big container I want to put more snow peas in.

2) finding a way to raise my other large container off the ground so that it might actually drain.

2 comments: