Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tree Trimming

We have a small backyard.  I'm actually love it, because it's so much easier to manage than our former backyard.  To be so small though, we have quite a lot of trees. The men in the family tackled the overgrown beast in the corner last week, turning our backyard into a temporary jungle.


My fledgling hydrangeas got a bit trampled in the process, but at least the tree is under control.



And it's amazing how much that corner of the yard has opened up.  We still have 7 hackberry (I think) trees to trim, thus the dappled shade you see here.


Sometimes I think the way I talk about our landscape makes it sound way more glamorous than it is.  I guess that's because it feels glamorous to me.  I find so much peace sitting on our porches, or toodling around the yard watching my plants grow by miniscule degrees, or watching the kids play.  Especially as I think about all the people on the East Coast today struggling to piece their lives back together after that horrible storm, I'm very grateful for my little peaceful patch of land.

No comments:

Post a Comment