Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017

It was a good day.
The activities of the day came to an end.
I put on my mother duck hat and led the kids on a walk to our larger garden space.
How do trees, grass and sky exude such stillness and such aliveness at the same time.

I planted some peas. 
The kids scampered off and rummaged around their exploring grounds.
Made their own adventures.





I found my first pepper peeping out with seed leaves today. 
And I noticed that the rhubarb has finally germinated. I'd about given up again.


I have several representatives for each of the eleven tomato varieties I'm growing.
Now I'm waiting for true leaves.


Beautiful day.
Simple pleasures.

2 comments:

  1. Have you done the eggshell seedling starting before? Did it work well? It's getting close to start time for things up here and I was considering it.

    And I'm jealous you can already plant peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Tomatoes and peppers started in eggshells have outperformed those I have started other ways every time. I don't start them any other way now. I highly recommend it. I use seed starting mix mixed with worm castings. And this year I was even able to use my own worm castings. Altogether, it makes it a pretty cheap endeavor

      Delete